Muay Thai, a traditional combat form, originated in Thailand as a form of self-defense technique. Today, it is an essential part of Mixed Martial Arts and is considered a great way to condition body and mind.
Finding and using the right gear is an essential step towards successful training in this martial art form. With a vast range of Muay Thai products and brands available, choosing the right ones to suit your specific needs can be confusing.
In this article, we put together a list of must-have gear and equipment for Muay Thai. We have also listed the best equipment under each category to help you buy the right gear.
How We Made Our Review:
To arrive at our list, our expert team spoke to Muay Thai fighter trainers, teachers, and students to understand their various requirements. This helped us analyze and list out the Muay Thai gear needed for different levels of expertise. Our team then spent hundreds of hours scouring the internet researching various brands and products available in the market. We went through martial art websites, review websites, and forums to understand which products were doing well in various categories. Collating all the data helped us arrive at our guide for the best Muay Thai gear and equipment.
The Best Muay Thai Gear and Equipment Guide
Muay Thai is essentially a form of traditional boxing, so the first thing you will need to pick is a pair of boxing or sparring gloves. You can find gloves of different styles and makes. Gloves protect your hands and wrists from injuries and fractures.
- One of the key points you must consider when planning to buy gloves for Muay Thai practice is the fit. The gloves should hug your hands firmly, the weight must be evenly distributed across the gloves, and you must be able to make a tight fist comfortably. Fairtex gloves are designed keeping these features in mind. These ergonomically designed gloves provide the right contour at the right places, ensuring an overall tight and snug fit.
- The gloves are made with premium genuine leather, with a smooth inner lining for a comfortable feel. Fairtex foam provides much-needed protection and absorbs and disperses shocks efficiently. With such design and construction, the gloves will comfortably last you through hundreds of boxing practice and sparring sessions.
- Velcro closures allow for easy wear and removal of the gloves without the need for outside help. The closures are strong enough to stay in place and are of high-quality, which means they don’t lose their strength and binding capabilities.
- Solid construction
- Made of high-quality genuine leather
- Seamless stitching for strength and aesthetic appeal
- Strong Velcro fastenings
- Ergonomically designed
- Available in multiple sizes to suit different weights
- Fits snugly and provides wrist support
- Breaking into the gloves may take time
- Some customers complained of poor ventilation when boxing
The Fairtex BGV1 Muay Thai boxing and sparring gloves have received positive reviews from customers as being of excellent quality and highly durable. Other winning points include an aesthetic appeal and high-quality stitching. Some customers even got their second and third pairs. No wonder then that the Fairtex gloves are the best boxing gloves for Muay Thai practice and sparring.
- The S4 boxing gloves from Hayabusa are ergonomically designed to allow a tight and comfortable grip. The gloves feature a PU leather outer cover, nylon lining, cushioning foam, and a mesh palm. The splinted wrist supports prevent injuries when bending your wrists. The closure strap works with the splinted wrists to provide a tight closure and complete protection to your wrists and hands. The ergonomic inner pocket minimizes impact stress during boxing sessions.
- The gloves are available in multiple colors and sizes, and a sizing chart will allow you to choose your fit depending on your hand circumference and levels of usage. The design and construction ensure maximum protection from impact injuries and absorb and disperse shocks well.
- Ergonomically designed
- Affordably priced
- Perfect for entry and mid-level users
- Strong construction
- Snug fit
- Comprehensive protection
- Not suitable for expert Muay Thai fighters.
- Size can sometimes go small.
If you are looking to buy affordable Muay Thai gloves with prominent features and design, the Hayabusa S4 gloves are an excellent option. With an ergonomic design and a snug fit, these gloves ensure comfortable and safe training and sparring sessions.
Gloves are undoubtedly an essential Muay Thai gear that protects from injuries. But there is always a need for another protective layer to protect your hands and wrists. Hand wraps provide a second layer of protection and form an essential part of Muay Thai boxing equipment. They maintain the alignment of joints and provide support to the soft tissues.
- No two people use the same style of wrapping their hands. With this in mind, the Sanabul hand wraps measure 180 inches and allow for easy and convenient wrapping of any style. The loop at the start of the wrap goes on to the thumb, making the wrapping process relatively easy, especially for beginners. The hand wraps are made of polyester, ensuring that they dry faster and your hands stay cool while boxing.
- The handwraps are semi-elastic and do not run the risk of getting loose or slipping when you wear your gloves over them. Semi-elastic hand wraps do not constrict blood flow, stay secure and comfortable, and provide an efficient safety layer under your gloves. The Sanabul wraps are also soft and not very thick, which means they can easily and comfortably fit under gloves.
- Extremely comfortable
- Fit comfortably under gloves
- Provide complete protection
- Quick absorption and quick dry
- Does not block the blood supply
- Beginners may find the wrapping process difficult.
Sanabul Elastic hand wraps are the perfect pick for those looking to buy wrap-type hand wraps for Muay Thai. The wraps are of sufficient length, will feel comfortable under your gloves, and are breathable. Reviews suggest that the wraps are highly durable and long-lasting. For these reasons, Sanabul is our choice for the best elastic hand wraps for Muay Thai.
For those who do not want to go through the hassle of using hand wraps, inner gloves, also known as quick gloves, are an excellent alternative. The product that has won outstanding reviews in this category is from the brand Hawk. These gel-based inner gloves/ hand wraps are easy to wear and provide complete protection.
- Hawk Padded Inner Gloves are an excellent and easy way to keep your hands protected. With traditional hand wraps, wrapping around your hands takes time, and the process can be challenging to learn. The quick wraps from Hawk provide equal protection in an easier way and in less time.
- Inner gloves are just like gloves and are easy to wear. Once you get the gloves on your hands, you can tie the wrist wrap around your wrists, providing much-needed wrist support. The padding on the knuckles is excellent, and the cushioning is enough to prevent impact and protect your knuckles and wrists from shocks and injuries.
- These quick gloves are made with cotton for breathability and comfort. The gloves are easy to wash and dry quickly. Velcro closure allows the user to wear and remove the gloves easily.
- Sturdy and secure
- Easy to wear and remove
- Take less time to wrap
- Padding on knuckles provides protection
- Stay put under boxing gloves
- Good quality stitching
- Perfect amount of gel
- Can sometimes pinch fingers and create discomfort
- Users have mentioned facing sizing issues
Quick wraps are a great way to save time and keep your hands safe when boxing. The gel cushioning on the Hawk Padded Inner Gloves forms a secure barrier between your hands and the boxing gloves. One user mentioned to use these gloves for boxing directly. Though we don’t recommend this for everyone, this example is a testimony to the quality of the product making the Hawk gloves one of the best hand wraps for Muay Thai.
A punching mitt or a focus mitt is a padded target that replaces a human target when practicing for Muay Thai. While the trainer or companion holds these padded shields with both hands, the trainee will use the targets to practice their punching moves. In this category, our team chose Sanabul mitts as the best focus mitts for Muay Thai.
It is rare for products to receive five-star ratings and punching mitts from Sanabul have managed to achieve this feat. They are also one of the most purchased and most reviewed focus mitts, making them a perfect choice for the best boxing punching mitts.
- Sanabul punching mitts are sophisticated and are perfect for fashion-conscious customers. The ergonomic curved design perfectly fits the natural curvature of your hand. You will need relatively less time to break into these mitts. The design helps you easily take the punches the opponent throws at you. Adjustable velcro fasteners hold them in place, making it easy to wear and remove the mitts.
- The mitts feature performance-engineered leather, ensuring that your mitts last long and don’t break through grueling boxing sessions. The Santec Ultra Foam acts as a cushion and protects your hands from powerful punches. The mitts absorb and disperse shocks making them safe and comfortable for the wearer.
- Most users love this product for its durability, comfort, half-ball palm grip, and the ability to reduce stress and strain on those wearing the mitts.
- Ergonomically designed
- Adjustable straps
- Available in four colors
- Lightweight and durable
- Fits snugly and stays in place
- Comfortable to wear
- Absorbs shocks and impact efficiently
- Excellent for beginners
- Not suitable for experts and professionals
- Cannot manage heavy blows
The Sanabul Essential Curved Boxing Punching Mitts are an excellent choice at affordable pricing for beginners and mid-level Muay Thai learners and fighters. The product checks all boxes in terms of quality, design, pricing, and durability.
Muay Thai Shorts
Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the next piece of Muay Thai gear you will need to buy is a good pair of Muay Thai shorts. The shorts must be comfortable, breathable, and allow for flexibility as you move around throwing punches.
Anthem Athletics is a well-known company that produces Muay Thai apparel and equipment. During our research, we found that the 50/50 Muay Thai shorts from the company were well-received by customers and have the highest ratings compared to similar-priced products.
- The shorts are made with high-grade tear-resistant microfiber and feature a modern style stretch waistband with a drawstring. According to some users, the drawstring has the right amount of stretch and is quite comfortable even during competitions. The company has incorporated what they call fly-away side slits. These slits allow for free fluid movements, and you won’t feel restricted. The side slit design has won brownie points from most users. The shorts are extremely comfortable and breathable.
- The shorts are available in six sizes, and the company’s sizing chart will help you choose the right size for you. They are lightweight and tear-resistant, making them one of the best Muay Thai shorts at an affordable price.
- Lightweight and durable
- Side slits for great mobility
- Machine washable
- Perfect for all levels of Muay Thai fighters
- Machine washable
- Sizing runs a little large
The Anthem Athletics Muay Thai shorts are perfectly designed to meet the unique requirements of Muay Thai boxing. The shorts are strong and sturdy, breathable, and allow for free movements during boxing. If you are looking to buy the best Muay Thai shorts, you can consider purchasing this product from Anthem Athletics.
So far, we have discussed Muay Thai gear and equipment suitable for all levels of Muay Thai learners and fighters. We will now venture into products that are suitable for mid and professional-level Muay Thai fighters.
While boxing gloves protect your wrists and hands during training and sparring, Shin Guards take up the role of protecting your legs, shin, and feet from impact and injuries. As with every Muay Thai gear, Shin Guards are available in different price ranges depending on your requirements.
If you are a professional Muay Thai or MMA fighter, you will need sturdy professional-grade Shin Guards that meet the standards set by competition federations and boards. The Shin Guards must be strong enough to last through high-intensity boxing and sparring and be safe enough to prevent injuries during competition and league bouts. The RDX Shin Guards meet all these requirements, making them a favorite among professional Muay Thai fighters and trainers.
- These Shin Guards incorporate many design details that contribute to comfort, safety, and durability factors. They are made with leather and an inner layer of breathable nylon fabric. The right level of cushioning absorbs and disperses shocks well, while the shell shock gel feature takes the protection to the next level.
- The lining makes the shin guards breathable and ensures ventilation. The shin guards are designed to stay light, while providing the maximum protection during the most intense boxing and sparring. The design is sleek and stylish and appealing. Hook and loop straps allow for easy adjustment of straps and keep the guards in place while ensuring flexibility and easy movement.
- These features come in handy for the professional and expert-level Muay Thai fighters who need professionally designed gear.
- SATRA and SMMAF approved
- CE certified
- Highest levels of cushioning and shock protection
- Breathable and comfortable
- Easy to wear
- Adjustable straps
- Allow free movement during practice and sparring
- Short people may not find this model convenient
If you are looking to buy slip-shin guards that are easy to wear and remove, Venum Kontact Shin Guards are a popular and affordable option. With great ratings and high number of reviews, Venum Shin Guards are well-loved by customers and a must-buy for Muay Thai.
- These shin guards are made of pure cotton, which makes them durable and breathable. Velcro closures allow you to fasten the guards in place easily. They also allow adjusting the shin guards to your comfort while ensuring that they don’t slip when boxing.
- Venum Kontact Shin Guards provide the proper compression in the right areas to allow for adequate blood flow during training and sparring. The whole design ensures complete protection for your shin and feet. Additionally, the ankle area is left flexible, allowing enough mobility. Being made of cloth, these shin guards are washable and dry quickly, making their maintenance easy.
- Pure Cotton
- Easily wearable and removable
- Allow good blood circulation
- Flexible and allows free movement
- Easy to wash and dry
- Not for professionals
Ankle wraps are like hand wraps in functionality. They provide cushioning between your legs and the shin guards and prevent injuries due to friction. Ankle wraps also absorb shock and reduce impact injuries to a certain extent.
#1. WYOX Ankle Wraps
The ankle wraps from WYOX seem to be quite popular among users and reviews. The product has received very good ratings and is affordably priced. This product wins on criteria such as fast injury recovery, durability, breathability, and pricing.
- WYOX ankle wraps are made using stretchable cotton material. The wraps are breathable and absorb sweat, keeping your feet dry, which means that your feet won’t smell after long periods of wearing them. The wraps are ergonomically designed and specially knitted to match the contours of your legs and feet.
- The wraps give the right compression at the right places, ensuring proper blood circulation when you wear them. The makers claim that the wraps allow quick recovery from injuries and reduce pain and inflammation. WYOX ankle wraps distribute pressure evenly throughout the leg and foot, offering total leg and knee support as long as you wear them. The wraps are extremely lightweight and provide full support and protection under your shin guards.
- Ergonomically designed
- Breathable, stretchable cotton
- Graduated compression
- Easy to wear and remove
- Allows for proper blood circulation
- Ankle support
- Hand washable and machine washable
- Not suitable for slim ankles
The WYOX ankle wraps are an excellent and affordable option for those looking to buy slip-on ankle wraps. These wraps are breathable, made of high-quality cotton, and are well-compressed to provide complete support. You can wear them during Muay Thai and at other times as well.
When boxing and sparring, especially professionally and during competitions, you must protect your face and head along with your hands and legs. Protective headgear forms an integral part of Muay Thai gear.
RDX is a reputed brand manufacturing and selling various Muay Thai gear. This company’s headgear has received many positive reviews and ratings, making it one of the most preferred products in the line.
- The RDX Headgear for Muay Thai is an easy-wear, easy-remove model and provides full protection when you are practicing or sparring. The Velcro straps on the back of the helmet allow you to secure it in place. The removable face shield provides an extra protective layer, especially for your nose. The best part about this product is that you can use it with and without the face shield, both working well to provide the much-needed protection.
- The outer layer of this helmet is made with high-quality Maya Leather, which renders durability and crack-resistance. Padding protects from shocks and impact, while additional layers such as impact diffusion sheet add extra layers of protection, making this headgear safe and secure.
- Complete protection
- Absorbs sweat well
- Easy to wear and remove
- Cushions face, chin, head, and ears
- Can be used without a face shield
- Face Shield reduces range of vision, especially in the downward direction
RDX Headgear is a great piece of equipment for those looking for comprehensive protection during sparring and boxing. This headgear provides cushioning and safety to your ears, neck, head, and especially your nose. The most significant advantage of this model is that it minimizes the need for using a separate mouth guard. With so many benefits, the RDX Headgear wins our choice for the best headgear for home use.
This is a wonderful product for beginners and mid-level Muay Thai learners looking to buy an inexpensive piece of protective equipment at an affordable price range. The Sanabul Headgear is designed to be sturdy and provides a complete vision.
- Sanabul headgear provides full coverage and protects the face, neck, head, and nose while ensuring that your field of vision remains intact. It offers excellent shock absorption and prevents impact injuries such as concussions.
- This product features high-quality material and construction. Breathable fabric ensures that you remain sweat-free through long hours of boxing. The helmet maintains an ambient temperature, keeping you comfortable. High-quality materials mean that your headgear is strong and durable and can withstand heavy blows while providing all the protection you need.
- The headgear also fits snugly and is convenient to wear and remove. The hook and loop closure system helps secure the helmet in place, and it doesn’t move, minimizing the need to keep readjusting during practice and sparring.
- Overall, the Sanabul is a brilliant piece of equipment at an affordable price.
- Strong and durable
- Provides uninterrupted vision
- Can withstand heavy blows
- Affordably priced
- Fits snugly and comes off easily
- Decent padding
- Maintains ventilation
- Some customers feel that the cheek padding can disturb vision slightly
The Sanabul Head Gear is our team’s choice for the best inexpensive headgear that checks all the boxes for quality, build, comfort, and durability. The product has the highest number of reviews on Amazon, with excellent ratings making this the best headgear for Muay Thai.
Muay Thai is an aggressive form of contact sport. Groin protection is essential for men since accidental blows under the belt are common, and injuries can be quite debilitating. Some men may not prefer wearing groin protectors since they can restrict flexibility and movement. Still, if you are into higher levels of Muay Thai, wearing Groin Protectors becomes an essential part of your Muay Thai gear.
The groin protector’s only function is to keep the groin area safe, and RDX does its job efficiently. The product is strong, sturdy, absorbs shocks, and helps avoid impact from powerful blows. The groin protector is also adjustable and lightweight, making it highly comfortable.
- The RDX Groin Protector is handmade using Maya Hide Leather, the signature material in all of RDX’s products. This leather is durable and resistant to cracks and wear and tear. The triangular steel cup provides complete protection from blows and resists shocks and impact. The product is ergonomically designed to provide the highest comfort levels, especially during long hours of high-intensity Muay Thai bouts.
- The groin guard is designed to be lightweight and comfortable and offers overall protection. Most groin guards restrict movement, a feature that deters them from buying and wearing one. The ergonomics of the RDX Groin protector allow for unrestricted movement. The product is also affordably priced. You are getting a lot more money’s worth for the price when buying this product.
- Professional design
- Ergonomic features
- Complete protection
- Doesn’t restrict movements
- Soft and comfortable
- Easy to clean
- Adjustable waistband
- Cup stays in place
- Isn’t visible externally
- Must be hand-washed
- Cup not removable
The RDX Groin Guard is an excellent affordable groin protection gear for Muay Thai. The product is well-designed, giving utmost priority to ergonomics, comfort, mobility, and aesthetics. Most users have given a full rating to this groin guard, making it one of the best Muay Thai gear for groin protection.
The mouth guard, another essential piece of Muay Thai equipment, prevents injuries and fractures to the mouth and teeth. Even with basic sparring and punching, the smallest impact can cause damage to your mouth area. So whatever level of Muay Thai you are at, using a mouth guard is highly essential.
The Mouth Guard from Safejawz incorporates many technologies that make the product one of the best in the market. It fits well, stays in place, and provides a secure barrier from injuries and shocks. Best of all, this product incorporates an anti-gag feature, which, in our opinion, is a must-have for mouth guards.
- The Safejawz mouthguard is easy to mold. Once you get the molding right, using it is pretty much straightforward and easy. The company claims that its fluid fit technology ensures that the guard offers good retention and fit. In case you don’t get the molding right the first time, you needn’t worry. The product allows you to remodel multiple times till you get it right, a feature not found with other mouth guards.
- These guards offer complete jaw support along with your mouth and teeth, which means total protection for your mouth and jaw areas.
- Once properly molded, the mouth guard is quite comfortable and doesn’t cause gag reflexes. The company has a video showing the proper molding method, in case this is your first time using a mouthguard. The product is available in two sizes — kid and adult. The jury on using this product with braces is mixed. Some users mention that it can be used with braces, while others didn’t have successful results while trying to do so.
- The product is great for beginners and fighters as well. The general consensus is that the molding, the crucial step to using these mouth guards, is easy and straightforward.
- Safe and secure
- Provides total protection
- Easy molding
- Allows multiple molding attempts
- Stays in place
- Doesn’t cause gags
- Fit perfectly and align well
- Affordably priced
Some customers have stated sizing issues
To sum up, the Safejawz MouthGuard is the best mouthguard for Muay Thai. Whether you are a learner or a professional, these mouthguards provide complete protection while being comfortable to wear. If you are looking to buy the best boil-and-bite mouthguards, Safejawz is the best option for you.
Muay Thai Body Protectors
Body protectors are an essential part of Muay Thai protection gear. They protect your body from oncoming body punches, absorb shocks well. For high-level Muay Thai training and sparring, boxing body protectors are must-haves.
Body protectors play a significant role in keeping you safe during high-intensity boxing practices and championships. If you are looking to buy a sturdy and robust body shield that will keep you safe from blow and injuries, you must consider the Contender Body Protector. With five stars and a high number of reviews, this product seems to have achieved quite a fan base for itself.
- Whether you are a beginner trying to learn to box moves or an expert participating in Muay Thai tournaments, you will find great use from the Contender Boxing Body Protector. This product is made of synthetic leather, which makes it both durable and easy to clean.
- The chest shield and the rib guard are designed to absorb shocks and reduce the impact from boxing blows. This protective vest features sturdy construction with a thick layer of shock-absorbing foam. The heavy nylon straps add to the strength of the vest, while quick-release buckles ease the process of wearing and removing it.
- The Contender Body Protector is being recommended by Muay Thai trainers and experts, leading to this being the best Body Protector for Muay Thai.
- Solid, sturdy construction
- Can perfectly deflect blows and absorb shocks
- Adjustable straps
- Fits well
- Lightweight and comfortable despite the padding
- None so far
The five-star ratings and the high number of reviews speak volumes of why the contender boxing body protector is our unanimous choice for the best body protector for Muay Thai. It has excellent features and provides comprehensive protection at not very expensive pricing.
This section of our review is dedicated to those buyers who do not want to be bothered ordering different pieces of protective gear from different sellers or brands. Also, if you are among those who would like to have color-coordinated safety Muay Thai gear, we are sure our next product will pique your interest.
The ASTSTAND Muay Thai Armour Kit includes the following items:
- 1 Boxing body protector
- 1 Headgear
- 2 shin guards
- 1 groin protector
- 1 Muay Thai gear bag
While this is one set the brand sells, you can choose among different sets that come with different gear. You can also opt for a range of colors such as black, grey, blue, red, and yellow.
Each piece of equipment is designed to be sturdy, lasting, lightweight, and provide safety features such as shock absorption and impact protection.
- Made of premium synthetic leather
- Strong construction
- Reinforced stitching for durability
- Provide comprehensive protection
- Wear and tear and crack resistant
- Comfortable equipment
- All gear not available in all sets
The ASTSTAND Protective Armour is specially designed for fashion-conscious customers. Each set is stylish and sleek and available in attractive colors. The product also offers the convenience of being available in packages, so you needn’t hunt for products separately.
Muay Thai Duffel Bags
Winding up our list is the product that is often neglected but forms an essential part of the Muay Thai Gear — bags. These bags help you safely store all your Muay Thai gear and equipment and transport them without causing unnecessary damage.
Elite Sports Duffel Bag is designed keeping in mind the vast array of requirements of a Muay Thai MMA player. The bags are available in a variety of colors so that you can pick your favorite. The bags are strong, sturdy, have multiple compartments for different gear, and huge enough to carry all of your Muay Thai equipment.
- Muay Thai equipment can get spoiled due to moisture as players tend to sweat a lot. The Elite Sports Bags have meshed pockets, allowing enough ventilation to keep your gear dry. Cordura fabric makes the bags strong and durable. The material is resistant to wear and tear. The zips and handles are sturdy, with minimal risk of spoiling and tearing.
- The main compartment is big enough to carry most of your gear. Additional slots accommodate more equipment depending on your necessity. There is also a separate slot for placing your shoes. The bag also acts as a carry-on luggage when you travel for competitions.
- Overall, this is a perfectly stylish and durable bag that will last you for quite a long time.
- Strong and durable
- Multiple compartments
- Breathable to keep gear dry
- Separate compartment for sweaty clothes
- Available in multiple colors
- Some customers mentioned that the seams were weak
The Elite Sports Duffel Bag is a great option if you are looking for an affordable bag that can fit all your Muay Thai Gear. Customer reviews have so far been positive. The bags are sleek, available in different stylish colors, and a great buy to store your Muay Thai equipment.
That brings us to the end of our list of the best Muay Thai Equipment and Gear. We have carefully chosen each item in our list based on usability and customer reviews. Our list also gives you a comprehensive idea of the equipment you must buy for Muay Thai.
Also Read: Best Heavy Bags for Muay Thai
Best Muay Thai Gear and Equipment — Buying Guide
While our list gives you an idea of what you will need to buy for Muay Thai, our buying guide will give a concise description of some key points you must keep in mind when buying the best Muay Thai gear:
An item of good quality will be durable and serve its purpose well. The same goes for Muay Thai. Gear made of leather is generally durable, sturdy, and will resist heavy boxing blows. If your budget permits it, always opt for the highest quality leather. The inner layers should be made of materials such as cotton, which will ensure that they are breathable and washable.
The primary function of cushioning is to absorb shocks and blows and to distribute impact evenly. This results in decreased incidences of injuries and concussions. Look for equipment that has specially designed cushioning layers which provide maximum impact resistance and are durable.
Most of the Muay Thai equipment will be exposed to moisture in the form of sweat. If this sweat doesn’t dry out properly, it can result in products becoming smelly and getting spoilt. Choose equipment and gear that have breathable and sweat absorbing inner layers. Quick-drying feature is a bonus.
Well-designed gear places utmost priority on ergonomics. Ergonomic gear is comfortable and reduces stress on the body. These equipment are designed considering the unique shape and contours of the human body.
Your gear must provide facilities such as adjustable straps to adjust the fit and secure the gear in place. For example, your boxing gloves and shin guards must come with adjustable straps that help you secure them to suit your convenience.
Your Muay Thai gear must meet the highest safety standards. You will be dealing with this equipment on a daily basis. For this reason, safety features such as crack resistance and shock absorption should be of utmost importance.
Whether it is your shorts or gloves, your Muay Thai equipment must be easy to clean and maintain. All your equipment will be constantly exposed to dust and grime. If you cannot clean them properly, your equipment will start to smell, making them unusable. The gear must be washable and dryable.
Many companies manufacture and sell Muay Thai gear. Some companies have decades of experience in manufacturing various equipment for Muay Thai gear. These companies pour time and money into research and development, thus providing the best value to their customers. You must always purchase your equipment from such brands, which are well known in the Muay Thai field. This will help you buy the best equipment at affordable prices.
Factors such as shipping, returns, after-sales service and warranties reflect the company’s or brand’s confidence in its products. Having a good knowledge of these products helps you prepare for what to expect and to avoid unnecessary surprises after placing orders for the products.
While there may be other points to consider, the above points give you a basic blueprint when buying equipment for Muay Thai.
What Equipment do I Need for Muay Thai?
The basic equipment includes boxing gloves, hand wraps, shin guards, ankle wraps, headgear, body protectors, groin protectors, mouth guards, and Muay Thai bags.
What Gloves should I Buy for Muay Thai?
The gloves you buy must be sturdy, durable, absorb shocks and impacts well, and must be easy to maintain. Our team picks Fairtex BGV1 and Hayabusa G4 as the best gloves for Muay Thai.
What do I Need for My First Muay Thai Class?
Some pieces of basic equipment you can buy for your first Muay Thai class include training boxing gloves and handwraps. Buying shorts will be quite helpful since they allow for comfortable movement, and your first class must be comfortable when you are trying something new. Other equipment you can consider include shin guards and ankle wraps and protective equipment such as head guard, mouth guard, and shin guards.