Are you a fitness enthusiast and looking to build a premium home gym on a budget? But you’re not sure which treadmill is the right fit for your needs? You are reading the article that was meant for you.
We have curated this list of best treadmills under $1500, and it has a little something for everyone. After reading this, you’ll know what to expect from a treadmill in this category along with the best models currently available in the market. Our expert research understands the best possible features, quality, performance, and entertainment that this range offers.
Our Top 3 Picks:
|LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill||Nautilus T616 Treadmill||Horizon Fitness T202 Treadmill|
|Pros|| Makes Folding and Unfolding Convenient
Accurate Step Counting Feature
| High on Performance and Reliability
Comes with Built-in Speakers
| Smooth Workout Experience
It is Foldable and Easy to Store
|Price||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE|
5 Best Treadmills Under $1500 Reviewed
We have prepared this list of treadmills based on exhaustive research. We compared many treadmills of this price range, read original product descriptions, detailed expert opinions and customer reviews to help you make a clear decision.
A 2013 research study observed that “intensive treadmill exercise” improves “functional capacity and cardiorespiratory function.” So, this may be high time to begin your fitness journey with efficient treadmills.
The LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill is “a perfect mix of durability and performance.” It is just the piece of result-oriented exercise equipment you have been looking for. This quiet motorized running machine is compact and lightweight, making it a great fit for home or office use.
- The robotically designed sturdy steel frame is durable, foldable, and easily portable to any space you like.
- The continuous-duty 2.5 HP motor is performance-oriented and long-lasting.
- The 20″ x 56″ walking belt surface seamlessly handles walking, jogging, as well as running.
- It offers 15 levels of incline, which is modifiable. The deck has 8 compression shock absorbers that provide safe cushioning for back, joints, and knees.
- It supports speed from 0.5 to 11 MPH.
- The guided console tracks heart rate, calories, step count, speed, distance, and time.
- It has a 7″ fully colored dashboard supporting multiple functions along with the ease of Bluetooth connectivity. You can also insert a USB drive, which will automatically store your data in every 20 seconds. You can easily access this on your smartphone or laptop to track your progress.
- It offers a lifetime warranty on motor and frame, 3-year warranty on parts and 1-year labor warranty.
- It supports weight up to 300 lbs.
- EZfold technology that runs on a hydraulic system, making folding and unfolding convenient and secure.
- It simulates real-world conditions, making your long runs fun.
- It’s equipped with Intelli-Step, which is an accurate step counting feature.
- Intelli-Guard technology promotes a safe and user-protected experience by automatically pausing 20 seconds after you step away from the deck.
- 21 effective workout programs and heart rate programs.
- It doesn’t have a cooling fan, which can cause problems with overheating.
- The arm rails are short.
- It doesn’t include a heart rate monitoring chest strap.
- The subscription is included only for a limited period.
It is an efficient and value-for-money treadmill under $1500. Its highly responsive 7″ Interactive HD Touchscreen can stream on-demand workout sessions with trainers in real-time. As per verified customer reviews, it is easy to assemble and long-lasting. Interestingly, one customer used this treadmill for 10 years and felt satisfied enough to buy the same model for a second time.
Why we decided to put this treadmill on #1 position?
LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill has many unique features such as the safe cushioning for back, joints, and knees, 21 effective workout programs, and heart rate programs. A combination of such excellent features is what makes this product stand unique in our list.
Also Read: Best Treadmill for Seniors
Nautilus is a brand that needs no introduction. It offers a successful treadmill series in different price categories. T616 is the ultimate treadmill when it comes to the comfort and convenience of the user.
- It is equipped with a 3.0 CHP motor, which is high on performance, reliability, and responsiveness.
- It supports speed up to 12 MPH.
- It has a spacious 20″ W x 60″ L belt surface.
- It has an incline of 0 to 15%.
- It can handle weight up to 300 lbs.
- It has a SoftDrop folding system that makes it easy to store and shift.
- It has a StrikeZone deck cushioning with 6 hex cell design for comfort.
- It has a contact and telemetry-enabled system to monitor heart rate. It comes with a chest strap.
- 26 programs, including manual and customized. It offers programs for weight control, heart health, training, etc.
- It has a DualTrack LCD and comes with built-in speakers.
- The Bluetooth feature helps to monitor progress.
- Supports tracking tools like the Nautilus Trainer 2 app, MyFitnessPal, Explore the World, and The RunSocial App.
- It only offers a 10-year warranty on the frame, along with a 2-year warranty on electric parts and 1-year on labor.
- The display screen is slightly smaller and difficult to read than other models of this range.
T616 is a decent buy because of its well-rounded features and a variety of workout programs. It has a developed Bluetooth connectivity feature and performs well. Many customers are happy with this treadmill, primarily because of its affordability and sturdiness. If you do not want a cheap model, but you are also unwilling to spend much, this is the right model for you. This safe and easy-to-use treadmill from a reputable brand makes it a good buy.
Horizon is yet another reputable brand in our list of best treadmills for 2021. The Horizon T series has 3 models, T101, T202 and T203. Arguably, T202 offers the best combination of features at an affordable price.
- It has a quiet and powerful 2.75 CHP motor, which provides a smooth workout experience.
- It has a 20″ x 60″ spacious belt surface.
- The speed goes up to 12 MPH.
- It can handle weight up to 325 lbs.
- It has an incline of 0.5 to 12%.
- It has a rapid charging USB port to keep your treadmill charged for longer sessions.
- It has a built-in device holder for your phone or tablet, making your workout sessions entertaining.
- It is foldable and easy to store.
- It has an LCD screen and 12 pre-planned and manual programs that track calories, intervals, time, and distance.
- It has a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor and 1-year warranty on parts, labor and cushioning.
- It has an Advanced Goal Centre to plan long-term workout goals.
- The built-in speakers with Bluetooth connectivity provide stereo sound for a wholesome workout experience.
- It has a 3-Zone Variable Response PerfectFLEX Plus cushioning for comfortable footfalls.
- It can sync with fitness apps like MyFitnessPal to monitor your progress.
- It comes with a cooling fan.
- The tread belt is only 1.4mm thick. It may be less durable than the thicker ones.
- It doesn’t include a chest strap for monitoring heart rate.
- If you are a runner, this may not be the best choice for you.
Horizon T202 has a set of promising features and is a great buy. It is the perfect treadmill if you have just begun your fitness journey or mostly like walking and jogging. A 2017 study on “Physical and Emotional Benefits of Different Exercise Environments Designed for Treadmill Running” concluded that people “ran farther, and with higher heart rates, with self-selected entertainment.” T202 fulfills this criterion. Customers also found it easy to assemble and called it a good inexpensive treadmill suited to their purposes.
XTERRA is known for providing a premium experience to its users. It combines quality, features, performance and a polished look. You are bound to be inspired to run long miles on this treadmill. Their goal is to “exceed your expectations.”
- It has a smooth, powerful and quiet 3.0 HP high torque motor.
- The speed can go up to 12 MPH.
- It supports weight up to 350 lbs.
- It has an incline of 0 to 12%.
- It has a spacious 20″ x 60” belt for the ease and safety of users.
- It has a large 6.5” Blue Backlit LCD, audio jack, and in-built speakers.
- It tracks calories, time, pace, pulse and distance. The handgrip has pulse sensors.
- The console and handlebar provide easy access to speed and incline buttons to keep up with your workout pattern. It also has cup holders on each side of the console.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame and motor, 2 years for parts, and 1 year for labor.
- XTRASoft cushion technology for higher impact absorption.
- Lift Assist and Safe Drop features for easy folding and unfolding.
- 30 pre-planned programs targeting specific workout goals. 1 heart rate, 1 manual, and 2 custom programs.
- It has a tethered safety magnet which attaches to your waistband to stop the machine in case of an emergency.
- It includes a cooling fan.
- It can sync to any fitness app like iHealth, Fitbit, and Zwift App. It can also manage multiple user workout profiles.
- It doesn’t include a heart rate monitoring chest strap.
- The belt requires maintenance at times by tightening and lubricating.
If you’re looking for a premium experience within a budget, XTERRA is an amazing buy. It’s usually available on Amazon with a good discount. It’s quite versatile and handles running, unlike some models in this price range that are more suited to jogging. Experts found it to be as solid for intense workouts as more expensive models. A 2008 research paper found that “Body weight-supported treadmill training has the potential to produce important physical and psychological improvements in people.” It is also proven to have long-term health benefits.
NordicTrack is a popular and trusted name among fitness enthusiasts. NordicTrack T 7.5 S has more than 13,000 customer reviews on Amazon, and that is increasing by the hour. It’s a treadmill you cannot afford to overlook while making your decision.
- It has a quiet and self-cooling, 3.0 CHP DurX commercial plus motor.
- The speed goes up to 12 MPH.
- It provides a running area of 20” W x 60” L.
- It has an incline range of 0 to 12%.
- It can support weight up to 300 lbs.
- It is durable and has a folding SpaceSaver for easy storage.
- It has built-in Bluetooth speakers for high-quality music during your workouts.
- The handlebar grips have EKG for monitoring heart rate.
- 50 built-in workout programs, including yoga, cross-training, interval training, and much more. It supports 16,000+ on-demand workouts by trainers controlling your treadmill in real time.
- It has FlexSelect cushioning with two settings. It can soften the belt for a reduced impact on joints or make the belt more firm to simulate real-world running.
- It has a 7” HD touchscreen display which is quite responsive.
- It includes an AutoBreeze treadmill fan for cooling.
- It includes only 1 year of iFit membership.
- It doesn’t include a chest strap to monitor heart rate.
- It only has a 10-year warranty on frame, along with 2 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
It provides an interactive workout session with a studio-like experience at home. Customers vouch for its sturdiness and straightforward assembly. It challenges you to work hard for achieving your fitness goals. For its price, NordicTrack T 7.5 S is an impressive treadmill. It is a good treadmill for a beginner who doesn’t want to spend much or compromise on the features. A 2012 study on “Effects of synchronous music on treadmill running” observed that “music provided ergogenic, psychological, and physiological benefits” to the runners. It’s all the more reason to opt for a treadmill with a good quality speaker.
Also Read: Best Treadmills under $1000
Best Treadmills Under $1500: Buying Guide
The market today has many brands offering treadmills under 1500, and choosing the right one to suit your specific needs can be a daunting task. A little care and planning can help make the right purchase decision with your next treadmill for home use.
Whether you are a walker or are into high-intensity workouts, a few factors to consider buying a treadmill machine are:
When spending so much money, you must buy a sturdy and durable treadmill. This factor is especially significant if you plan to buy equipment for high-intensity workouts that can put stress on your machine. Look for a machine that is steady and not wobbly. Heavy treadmills with wide bases are sturdy and last long.
The motor is the lifeline of your treadmill, the running power of which is measured in terms of CHP or Continuous Duty Horsepower. For basic walking and light jogging, motors with a CHP of 2.0 should be enough. Regular runners can opt for machines with CHP of 3 or more which is a decent configuration at this price point.
The running belt is the part of the treadmill machine that you will spend all of your time on. Belt thickness is a crucial factor that decides the longevity of your machine. Thicker belts stand wear and tear. The belt should also have good shock absorption and anti-skid features to reduce the stress on your legs and joints and avoid accidents.
The Belt area is another crucial factor. Most cheap treadmills tend to skimp on the belt length and width, which will render the machine useless. Ideally, a good treadmill should be 20* 60 inches and supports walking, jogging, and running.
Storage and Portability
Space is a luxury in most houses. Keeping this in mind, foldable and portable treadmills are available along with the traditional stationary models. Your choice must depend on the availability of space. Always measure your room before purchasing the treadmill machine. This will help avoid unnecessary hassles later on. Also, check for power points to plug in the treadmills.
Accessories and Additional Features
Many treadmills have cup holders, gadget holders, touch screen displays, Bluetooth and internet connectivity, and various connectivity ports. Most treadmills provide running stats and have heart rate monitors to keep track of vital stats. These features may slightly increase the price of the treadmill but can prove to be a worthwhile investment.
Safety features such as anti-skid running belts, auto-pause, emergency stops, and safety clips are a must-have when buying treadmills for home use.
While there are many vital factors to consider when buying a treadmill, the above points give you a basic idea to help you make the right treadmill purchase decision.
What is the Most Reliable Treadmill for Home Use?
During our research, we found Life Span TR1200i folding treadmill to be the most reliable treadmill for home use. This model has positive reviews from users who have been using this for quite some time. The brand is extremely popular and each product from Life Span is a product of extensive research, making this one of the most reliable treadmills.
What is the Best Inexpensive Treadmill?
If you are looking to buy a cheap treadmill, the XTERRA Fitness treadmill is an excellent option for you. This machine packs excellent features and offers a premium user experience at an extremely affordable price point. If you have a slightly lower budget, check out our article on the best treadmill under $500.
What is the Best Brand Treadmill for Home Use?
We highly recommend Nordic Track. It is a well-known name in the fitness industry and has many successful workout machines to its credit. Nordic Track treadmills offer a gym-like experience at home and is feature-packed, making it one of the best brand treadmills for home use.
In today’s highly competitive fitness equipment market, there is no shortage of options. You have treadmills that suit every budget, requirement, and fitness goal. The availability of multiple options can also create some confusion and apprehension when buying the best treadmills. We hope you find our product list and buying guide helpful when purchasing your treadmill for home use.