Speed bags are invaluable when looking to get into shape or simply to develop the physical condition that you need to learn martial arts. This having been said, it is important to keep in mind that these do not come with swivels.
Just as important is the fact that there are hundreds of speed bag swivel models to choose from and not all are worth the money. Below you will find some of the most durable and affordable swivels that you can use with your speed bag.
Best Speed Bag Swivels Reviews
A versatile and durable stainless-steel swivel that has a fast-change pin mechanism
The Maxx MMA Speed Bag Swivel is made entirely out of stainless steel and features a quick-change pin that enables you to easily remove or attach the speed bag, and a ball bearing design. The model also comes with the mounting screws required for its installation.
- Durable build – made entirely out of stainless steel, making it extremely durable. However, the ball-bearing mechanism can also take a lot of punishment without breaking down;
- Quick-change pin – The quick-change pin makes it extremely easy to attach the speedball to the swivel;
- Longer than other models – The mechanism makes the swivel slightly longer than other models, which means that the speed bag may hang lower than expected;
A stainless-steel swivel that has a unique central cylinder.
The Mexican-Style Swivel from Ringside has a unique 1-inch central cylinder that ensures that the speedball will have a smooth rebound motion when hit. The mechanism also features a push-pin that makes attaching and removing the speed bag simple.
- Stainless-steel – The swivel is heavy-duty and can last for decades;
- Push-pin – The push-pin makes changing speed bags take only 10 seconds;
- Great speed bag rebound – The central cylinder offers increased control;
- Narrow hook – The hook of the swivel is too narrow and the speed bag loop may bunch up in it;
A simple design that offers increased durability at an affordable price
TITLE has designed the Pro Speed Bag Swivel to be used as a near-permanent attachment, in the sense that it comes with a chain-link bag holder that makes stealing the bag nearly impossible. The model is made entirely out of steel and is triple-chrome plated.
- Secure speed bag attachment – Attaching and removing a speed bag requires a lot of attention and patience, making it much safer when compared to other models;
- Chain link holder – The holder enables the speed bag to swing freely in any direction;
- Too much movement – The chain link may allow the speed bag to move too much and get out of control;
A simple ball bearing swivel that can last for a lifetime
The Everlast Professional Speed Bag Swivel as a small footprint, however, the durability of its construction place it well above other models.
The model has a premium price tag, but also comes with everything needed for installation and can last for a very long time without deteriorating.
- Push-pin – The push-pin system makes changing speed bags easy;
- Great control – The mechanism allows the bag to move easily, but maintains the direction of the movement;
- Includes everything needed to install – the package comes with 4 screws, washers, and hex nuts;
- Pricey – Depending on where you buy it, it can cost quite a bit of money;
A rugged swivel that is designed for professional use.
The Deluxe Pro model from TITLE Boxing doesn’t look like much, but it gets the job done and it will last you for a lifetime. The swivel is triple-chrome plated in order to further increase its durability and features a push-pin system that allows you to change the speed bag in a minute.
- Sealed inner ball-bearings – The ball-bearing system is fast, quiet and has almost no friction;
- Multi-use – The Swivel can hold up to 200 pounds, making it great for those who also want to be able to attach a heavy bag to it;
- Poor chrome finish – The surface of the swivel is not evenly painted;
How To Choose The Best Speed Bag Swivel?
Choosing the best speed bag swivel isn’t difficult and it’s not expensive either. However, you do have to pay attention to what a model has to offer.
A good swivel should have low-friction ball bearings that allow the speed bag to rotate freely during the workout;
Most swivels are made from stainless steel, however, there are also models that are chrome plated for increased durability;
Some swivels use hooks in order to attach to the speedball, while others have durable mechanisms that can move in any direction. Overall, the hook models allow the ball to move around chaotically while the mechanical swivels offer more controlled movements.
Generally speaking, you need to look at how often you will use the swivel and make a choice accordingly. If you like long workouts and have a daily schedule that includes using the speed bag, then your best bet is to get a heavy-duty swivel.
Also, keep in mind that some of these can hold considerably more weight and this can also enable you to attach heavy bags to them.
Finding speed bag swivel parts is nearly impossible, which means that it is essential to get one that will last for as long as you need it to.
Whether you choose to go for a design that has as few moving parts as possible, such as a hook-centered one or prefer a swivel that uses a ball bearing mechanism, always take into account that it has to take a lot of abuse without breaking down.
The products above are popular among both individuals that are looking to get into shape as well as professional boxers and martial arts specialists, but it is still up to you to decide which one suits your needs best.