MMA sessions are incomplete without the finest equipment. Wearing the proper protective gear while fighting is imperative to shield yourself from harm and wearing the Best MMA Gloves ensures your punches yield knockout results.
If you’re looking for the Best MMA Gloves for your Kids and still aren’t able to decide what to buy? Worry not, because we’ve curated a list of the best gloves available for your kids in the market through numerous trials and testing. We have listed down the detailed reviews for each one of them to make your task of selecting the right gloves for your kids easier.
5 Best MMA Kids Gloves Reviews of 2021
Dtown Kids Boxing Gloves have been specifically designed to keep the requirements of a young kid in mind. The gloves can be used for multiple sports, such as MMA, Boxing, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Judo, and Karate. With its multitude of features such as comfort, wrist, and knuckle protection, these gloves are popular amongst kids and parents alike.
- The gloves are made from High-Quality PU Leather. This helps in heat insulation and keeps hands safe.
- One of the most prominent features is the gloves fitting. Thanks to its secure hook and loop enclosure, the gloves provide a secure fit and support to the hands.
- Unlike many popular brands, Dtown Kids Boxing Gloves has a curved anatomical design that gives a natural curve to the gloves. This feature doubly protects your thumbs and ensures safer striking.
- An additional feature is the 5 air holes on the gloves that keep hands dry and comfortable. Hence, one need not worry about hand sweating.
- The PU leather and EVA foaming enables easier cleaning of the gloves.
- Painless sessions are here to stay. The extra shock layer padding on knuckles helps the child feel the impact and not the pain.
- Attractive looks that kids love
- Kids friendly
- Extra cushion on knuckles
- High-quality PU leather
- Easy to clean
- Comfortable and breathable
- Only in 3 colors
Review: If your kid has just developed a major love for MMA, these are the right gloves for him/her. It fits incredibly and you will not see it slip off easily. It is the perfect MMA glove for beginners. Easy to clean, comfortable, extra protection for knuckles, etc., this glove does not stop impressing us.
Why did we decide to put this boxing glove in the #1 position?
Very few gloves in the market can match the versatility these MMA gloves for kids provide. Along with the added protection and agility it provides, the attractive looks make these gloves our top choice.
The Elite sports gloves are manufactured keeping in mind the requirements for all genders and age groups, especially kids under the age of 12. The gloves have a strong and firm grip, prevent your hands from injuries, are lightweight and durable. Made from shock absorbent material, Elite sports gloves are also easy to be maintained.
- The design is pre-curved, which helps your kid to maintain a focus on the fight.
- Shock absorbent material with its triple-density gel and impact foam protects your kids from injuring their fists.
- The PU leather used to make them is durable and lightweight. It helps youngsters to be light on their feet and not being weighed down during a match.
- These gloves come with a Hook and Loop closure type that ensures the right fit, strong firm grip, and can be put on and taken off quickly. It also protects the wrists against unnecessary twists and sprains.
- These Elite gloves are multipurpose, meaning they can be used by men, women, and kids of all age groups and for different purposes.
- Created for extreme wrist support
- Protective foam
- Very lightweight and flexible
- Suitable for grappling, sparring, training, MMA, etc.
- Long-lasting and comfortable
- Available in a variety of colors
- There can be issues with the size if not measured properly before ordering
Review: Overall, the product is versatile and provides ultimate protection without being too thick or too heavy. The kid’s gloves prevent children from twisting their wrists accidentally. There’s no extra space for wiggling fingers and therefore it doesn’t get uncomfortable because of sweaty palms. The glove’s quality finishing boosts your confidence to an unmatched level.
Also Read our list for the best MMA Gloves.
The Luniquz MMA Gloves are half-finger gloves available for both kids and adults and can be used for boxing, karate, MMA, Muay Thai, and other activities involving punches. Luniquz is a popular sports brand that provides all kinds of boxing equipment.
- The most distinct feature of this glove is that it is palm-less and has openings instead of finger compartments. As a result, it prevents the accumulation of sweat in fierce fighting matches and keeps hands fresh.
- Special bag boxing, sparring, and grappling gloves featured for all age groups.
- The product is made from highly elastic and 1.5″ thick foamed polyurethane that provides additional protection to your knuckles by distributing the force equally throughout and protects from hurt.
- The soft synthetic leather coating also makes it durable and long-lasting.
- The foamed padding sheet is made of velvet and lycra for fitting and comfortable wear, and the attached large wrist support prevents the wrist from twisting or causing other injuries.
- Thick padding for strikers
- Superior breathable space for fingers
- Sweat and slipperiness free
- Protective foam is super effective
- Easy to care for
- Ergonomic fit
- A large wrist band prevents accidental wrist injury
- Not expensive
- Only in red and black colors
Review: The Luniquz MMA Gloves for Kids and adults have proven to be worthy of being third in the list because of the protection and flexibility they provide. The wrist wrap provides extra support, which is really useful when purchased for young children. Overall, it is a great purchase at a budget price.
Available in three colors, the Core kid’s boxing gloves are a great all-around option for boxers who are new to the sport. These gloves are specifically designed for kids under the age of 9 and can be used with punching bags as well as sparring because of their sufficient padding.
- These gloves are manufactured using PU synthetic leather, which ensures their longevity.
- The construction of the gloves makes it efficient for the easy use of young children.
- They have an adjoined thumb compartment for extra support and protection. Can be used for training, sparring, boxing, and bag work.
- The breathability of the gloves is enhanced because of anti-perspiration holes. It also helps reduce offensive odors and protects your kid’s hand from harmful bacteria.
- Velcro grip offers full support to the wrists and allows the gloves to fit your kid’s hand perfectly. This also lessens the possibility of injury and makes them easy to wear and take off.
- These gloves are available in three colors and are suited to children between the ages of 5 and 9.
- Superior flexibility
- The Velcro closure makes sure that the gloves stay put
- Great for sparring and punching bags
- Excellent wrist protection
- Sweat and bacteria-free
- Extra thumb protection
- Budget-friendly price
- Few variants available
- Some find wrist strap uncomfortable
Review: This is the most budget-friendly product on our list. Best suited for young kids, the gloves have synthetic layering that makes them durable and easy to keep clean. Taking them off is easy because of the accessible elastic hook and loop closure. To ensure the right fit, measure your kid’s hand before purchasing.
Also Read: Best Boxing Gloves for Kids.
Jayefo Kids Boxing Gloves are an excellent choice for improving your child’s self-confidence during indoor and outdoor training. You can find and use these gloves for various sports, like Boxing, Krav Maga, Judo, MMA, Karate, and Self-Defense Training. They have multiple safety features that ensure overall protection for your kid’s hands.
- The kids’ gloves come with a triple stitch for durability and five years warranty.
- Jayefo gloves are manufactured from vegan leather that doesn’t cause chafing or irritation of the skin.
- The Padded Hook & Loop Wrist Straps provide safety against wrist injuries. They also make putting on and taking off of the gloves easier.
- These boxing mitts come with a double foam padded that has shock absorption qualities and protects kids from avoidable injuries.
- The thumb-lock Feature helps avoid any thumb injuries.
- The comfortable lining and air vent holes increase breathability and prevent the accumulation of sweat or bacteria.
- Available in a plethora of eye-catching cartoon designs.
- The lightweight gloves can be used for various sports including MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing, Judo, Karate, Self-Defense, and Krav Maga Training.
- Lightweight and therefore easier for kids to wear while practicing
- Attractive colors and designs
- Simple closure system
- Skin-friendly vegan leather
- Top-level sweat-wicking competence
- Durability and extended warranty
- May not have enough padding for punching bag use
- Only available in two sizes
Review: Perfect for kids who want to learn MMA at an early age. The lightness of Jayefo gloves makes it easier for kids to wear while practicing and so it helps boost their confidence. Supreme grip, breathability, and great shock absorption make it the perfect choice for youngsters.
How to Choose the Best MMA Kids Gloves: Buying Guide
Selecting the right pair of gloves for your kids is vital for their safety and triumph. The gloves must be reliable, comfortable, and of high-quality.
While buying the best MMA Gear for kids, there are various aspects you have to consider. We have curated the buying guide to help you with the purchase.
Type of MMA Boxing Gloves:
The type of boxing glove you should buy depends upon the level of expertise and the severity of the game. Generally, this classification is based on the padding of the gloves. The gloves a beginner might use for boxing ought to be more padded than the one a professional fighter uses. For kids, it is recommended to buy padded gloves, as this can prevent them from injuries.
Different types of gloves are:
- Bag gloves: These gloves are generally used for working out with punching bags to increase strength. These are thinly padded and light to allow fast punching. Suitable for beginners, it is not recommended to use bag gloves if you have got a severe training session with a bag.
- Training gloves: Training gloves are all-purpose gloves that can be used for practicing with a bag or a sparring partner. They are versatile and can be used for multiple sports. Compared to the bag gloves, these have thicker padding that is useful during severe training sessions, but it also makes them a bit heavier. You can wear them when training for long hours without worrying about spraining or twisting your wrists.
- Competition gloves: Also known as fighting gloves, these gloves are used while fighting professionally in a boxing ring with a partner. Their padding is minimal, and they are manufactured for short-time fights in serious competition. Competition gloves are not recommended for beginners. Only people with experienced practitioners should go for these.
- Sparring gloves: When you’re past the training phase, but still not ready for serious matches, you can buy sparring gloves for fight sessions with a partner. Although they are like training gloves, their padding is a tad softer, which distributes the force equally and safeguards your hands. They vary in bulk and you should go for the one that complements your weight.
- MMA gloves: As the name suggests, these gloves are designed specifically for Mixed Martial Arts. Traditionally, they aren’t a type of boxing gloves, but the purpose they serve is quite similar. They have, unlike boxing gloves in the manner, fingerless openings for easier grappling.
Material of Boxing Gloves:
As a parent, you would always want the best for your kids. Long-lasting and durable material is something that you would want to invest in. Our top 5 picks above lists the best material for kids.
Additionally, the different materials of gloves are:
- Vinyl gloves: Easy to clean compared to other varieties. Not as durable as leather gloves and are the cheapest material on the list.
- Synthetic leather gloves: More durable than vinyl gloves. Also called polyurethane (PU) gloves. These need regular cleaning otherwise will lead to odor issues. Their price range is between vinyl and pure leather.
- Pure leather gloves: Recommended for professional fighters. These are most expensive, durable, comfortable, sweat-absorbent and odorless. Genuine leather gloves are made of cowhide or goatskin.
Different kinds of gloves have different weights. Competition gloves would weigh more than sparring and training gloves. 4 to 6 ounces would be the weight of competition gloves. But can differ as per the guidelines of the tournament. For different sessions, you can keep different gloves. Some gloves are made only for punching bags. Check your requirements before making the purchase.
MMA gloves vs Boxing gloves:
Do not confuse MMA gloves with boxing gloves. Boxing gloves can’t replace MMA gloves. If you use boxing gloves in your MMA sessions, you won’t be able to grapple your opponent, which is an important component of MMA fights. It will affect your performance.
The size of your gloves depends upon the measurement of your weight and the type of exercise you’d engage in. To understand the general sizes of how your requirements and measurements will add up to a particular glove size, check the sizing chart of the products on their respective Amazon pages. Before proceeding forward, remember the fact that some of these sizes will vary depending upon the brand of gloves you select. We recommend checking the brand-specific size chart provided by the manufacturer before buying the gloves to ensure the right fit.
What size boxing gloves should I get for my kid?
The sizes of boxing gloves range from 4 OZ to 16 OZ. For kids, the sizes between 4 OZ and 12 OZ are suitable, 4 OZ is for 5 to 6 years olds and 12 OZ for preteens. Select the gloves based on your kid’s age and weight.
What are the best boxing gloves for beginners?
After reviewing many products and conducting an in-depth research, we have selected the top 5 products. You can go through the detailed review of each product and select the one that is most appropriate to your kid’s needs.
How do I know what size boxing gloves to buy?
The size of gloves you should buy is generally based upon the height & weight of the player, and the types of training they engage in. Measure your weight, height, and hand circumference, and refer to the size chart for gloves to know your perfect fit.
Do I need gloves for the punching bag?
Yes, to protect your hands from getting injured, you should wear boxing gloves. However, if you’re a seasoned boxer and want to strengthen your muscles, you can go glove-less or hand wraps.
How long do MMA gloves last?
The general lifespan of MMA gloves is 1-2 years. It depends upon the material of the gloves (genuine leather lasts longer than vinyl or PU gloves) and how regularly you use them.
Do MMA gloves loosen up?
Yes, MMA gloves do loosen up after some time.
Can MMA gloves go in the washing machine?
No, MMA gloves should never go into the washing machine. It damages the product and reduces its durability.
What is my hand size for gloves?
To know your hand size for gloves, use tape to measure the length of the palm of your dominant hand.