A heavy bag, more commonly known as the punching bag, is an essential part of workout gear. Not only does it enhance your aerobic fitness, but it is great for building core strength. A heavy bag comes in handy when you want to develop a rigorous fitness regime. Moreover, several types of heavy bags are available in the market, each unique in its style and size. So you can get one that truly matches your style.
These heavy bags can be mounted anywhere, from your home to your gym so that you can sneak in a workout no matter where you are. You can now find the best heavy bag mounts for your wall & ceilings available online. Our expert research has led us to compile a list of the best heavy bag mounts available in the market.
Our Top 3 Picks:
5 Best Heavy Bag Mounts Reviews
The Aoneky heavy bag hanger is unlike any other wall mount in the market. It might be a little towards the higher-end range, but it’s worth the money when you consider the benefits of having a wall mount like this one.
When selecting a heavy bag hanger, it is possible to be torn between having a wall mount or a ceiling mount. A ceiling mount is great when space is an issue. However, a wall mount is preferred when you have a dedicated space for your workout.
- This heavy bag hanger can easily take up to 1000 lbs of weight. No matter what kind of heavy bag you choose, it will easily take the weight and allow you to work out efficiently. The suggested type of wall for it to be mounted on is concrete, but with a different set of bolts, you can mount it on a wooden wall as well.
- The dynamic design of this heavy bag mount allows you to mount the heavy bag 2.2 feet away from the bracket, giving it enough space to move around upon impact. Moreover, there are 6 expansion bolts included with the product to help you assemble it without a problem.
- Sturdy bracket
- Holds up to 1000 lbs of weight
- No vibrations or shaking
- Bolts are made for cement only
- Low-quality bolts
- No swivel
One thing that the product is lacking is the swivel mechanism. Many people prefer having that to navigate the heavy bag better and get a good workout in. However, even without it, the mount does the job. It has an efficient design that makes it stand out from the rest.
Why we decided to put this product in the #1 Position?
It is time to say goodbye to regular wall mounts that do more damage than good for your wall. This product is the first step towards building a viable fitness career. Easily installable in your home, garage, or gym, it can be securely used for a long time. Additionally, it is made with a sturdy material that keeps its condition intact, so you don’t have to worry about wear and tear any time soon.
When the equipment is good, your training session automatically becomes a lot better. The Qualward heavy bag hanger is the most sought-after product in the market right now. Its unique features make it a most desirable choice. This mount truly proves that a little goes a long way.
- Starting with the universality of it, you can not only mount a heavy bag on it but also suitable for kickboxing, MMA, Muay Thai, and other sports. It can take up to 500 lbs of weight so you are free to dabble within other sports as well.
- Among all heavy bag mounts, this one gives you functionality at its finest. A heavy bag mount is supposed to make your life easier. Therefore getting the best one will be beneficial when considering the long-term usage of the product.
- Not only is all the hardware included, but the installation is easy, with the step-by-step instruction manual provided. The solid epoxy-coated thick steel plate is suitable to be used in any type of environment and protects against rust and other damage. The thick iron material is great when you want a long-lasting heavy bag mount.
- Hardware included
- Anti-rust steel plate
- Can’t take over 350 lbs without causing damage
- Not heavy-duty
When looking for heavy bag mounts, it is important to consider if it is fit for your needs. Not every product that looks good would be ideal for you. Fortunately, this particular product is unlike any other. It is developed keeping in mind the needs of most people—one solution to all your needs.
Start your journey towards fitness the right way and with the right product. Even though the installation could be a little tricky, the hardware and manual reduce your work so that you can easily get the job done.
Not everyone can afford to spend a lot of money on heavy bag mounts. The MaxxMMA hanger is perfect for anyone looking for an excellent product on a budget. This pocket-friendly option gives you everything you’re looking for. The design seamlessly blends with your ceiling so it is not protruding.
- This heavy bag hanger is a great tool for when you’re not looking to invest in something expensive. It easily supports heavy bags that weigh up to 100 lbs and ensures that there is no problem while you work out. The steel construction of this product makes it durable for a long time.
- In the process of training for any sport requiring a heavy bag, you need to rely on a secure mount to place your bag upon. If not, it could cause physical damage. The swivel mechanism is an additional benefit that this mount has. That gives it the ability to be flexible, and the motion sits perfectly. This is ideal when you want to exercise comfortably. The installation process is also made easier because the hardware is included, making it a truly great purchase.
- Made of solid steel material
- Hardware included
- 360 swivel
- Can only take up to 100 lbs of weight
- Makes a noise
Although this mount is priced very low, it is considered to be a great product in the market. The mount does tend to make a sound so it can cause a disturbance. However, it is not a huge problem, especially when you’re the only one in the room. You can get good use out of this mount if you’re looking for a quick solution to your workout needs.
Also Read: Best Heavy Bag Stand
A good heavy bag mount is one where you have the perfect balance of functionality and an appropriate price. Hence, the Meister heavy bag strap mount is the best for your usage. Strap mounts are usually underrated because people may think it isn’t strong enough to take the weight of a heavy bag. However, this one would surprise you.
- The Meister heavy bag strap mount is perfect for places like ceiling joists, rafters, I-beams, metal racks, and many other places. It can easily accommodate all kinds of heavy bags, including spring-mounted bags. The commercial-grade vinyl strap is of exceptional quality and can take up to 500 lbs of weight with ease.
- In the packaging, you will also receive an oval screw lock system and a D-ring for easy installation. You can lock and unlock the strap at your convenience. The large hook and loop sections can also help you adjust the height according to your needs.
- While buying a strap mount, it is important to keep in mind the additional features it offers. The strap mount is a great way to hang your heavy bag for your workout. If your house or gym has the facility to hang the strap mount, even the installation becomes easier.
- Good-quality strap
- Supports 500 lbs
- Easy installation
- Can move upon heavy impact
- Cannot be shortened after a point
A unique type of heavy bag mount, this product is great for when you want a non-metallic option. Moreover, this mount can provide a good grip on your heavy bag and ease the process without a problem. Your heavy bag deserves the best kind of equipment to support it, which this mount will be able to give. Although it does move a little upon impact, you can remedy that by using tools that help maintain a tight grip.
The Yes4All heavy bag mount has everything you are looking for in a mount. The number of features that this mount provides is great when you are working with a budget. Moreover, it is highly rated among users and has plenty of reviews where people have shared positive experiences after using it.
- It is a space-saving solution for people who want to mount their heavy bags at home. Turn your workouts at home into near-professional gym sessions with everything in place. Best suited for concrete walls, it can also be installed on other walls using a wooden frame.
- The mount remains secure because of the heavy-gauge steel construction. It keeps it durable over a long period. The black powder-coated finish on the steel makes it look stylish in your home.
- The mount has 8 bolt holes that give it a good grip. The eye-hole can be used to attach your swivel chain, which is included with the purchase. It also has a height adjustment system that is unique and not found in most mounts.
- Universal design
- Heavy-gauge steel construction
- Hardware included
- Powder-coated finish
- 100 lbs weight capacity
A mount is considered an integral part of your gear. If it is not strong enough, you could end up hurting yourself. Not to forget the damage your ceiling or wall would face because of it. The heavy bag mount is an effective product that ensures you get what you want
The amount of features that you can get out of this product makes it the perfect choice. While it needs to be installed, that can easily be done with the tools included in the package itself.
Heavy Bag Mounts: Buying Guide
Before you buy a heavy bag mount, it is wise to first check the options out before closing in on one. This ensures that you don’t end up with a product that is not suitable for you. You need to consider your needs and what you will use the mount for before finalizing the purchase. If you’re buying a mount for the first time, the choices will confuse you. However, each product is unique in its own way.
That is why we have devised a buying guide for a heavy bag mount. This guide has everything you need to consider and factors to consider before making the purchase.
What most people look for in a heavy bag mount is whether it will be able to take the weight of the heavy bag or not. While a genuine concern, it is still unique to each person. Depending on the kind of heavy bag they are using, you can tell whether that mount would suit them.
Some mounts can take 1000 lbs of weight without a problem. However, some can only take 100 lbs of weight. The weight capacity also depends on the ceiling, wall, or beam you are attaching the mount to. Hence, it is very important to clarify the weight capacity of the mount before buying it.
Imagine having the willpower to work out but having minor inconveniences demotivate your process. Not fun, is it? Before buying a heavy bag mount, check if it provides mobility or not. It is very difficult for companies to manufacture a size variant for the different heights that people have. Therefore, an adjustable mechanism would change the game completely. It will allow you to have the heavy bag placed at the right height suitable for you.
Most mounts don’t have that system, but a good mount should. You can also adjust the height as per your training needs. Basically, an adjustable heavy bag mount is beneficial in the long run, as your needs change over time.
Having a swivel or a pivot mechanism should undoubtedly be a top priority. While training, you need something to absorb the impact of your jarring blows. The swivel only acts as a preservation tool for the mount and ceiling.
Some people may argue that if you hit the heavy bag correctly, you will not need a swivel. While that could be true in the training period, it is important to have the space to learn as well.
Needless to say, a high-quality mount is preferred among people. If you’re investing in a product, it has to be durable so that you don’t need to replace it after a short period. The quality also matters because although it may work fine, it shouldn’t look as worn out as many mounts do after a few uses.
High-grade metals like iron and steel are perfect, but even vinyl straps are a great option. All you need is something that can guarantee long-term use. There is no point in buying a low-quality product that you can get for a lower price. By adding a few more dollars, you are saving a lot more in the longer run.
It is also important to consider the other benefits of a particular mount. What is that one feature that makes it stand out from the rest? That one feature can make or break your final decision. It could be easy installation, low noise, installation hardware, or anything that suits your preference.
The points mentioned above were the bare minimum features that every mount should have. However, a few more benefits could only help you get your money’s worth.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Best Way to Hang a Heavy Bag?
The best way to hang a heavy bag is through a wall or ceiling mount. Today, there is a wide range of mounts available in the market, each unique to its brand and features. Picking one that benefits you the most is important.
It is important to ensure that your heavy bag mount has built-in shock absorption so that it takes the impact of every blow. Eye-hooks, carabiner, or swivel hooks can be used as a medium between the mount and the bag. With the right mount, you can attach the heavy bag anywhere you like and get started.
How do you Anchor a Heavy Bag?
Anchoring a heavy bag is easier than you may think. Most mounts come with the hardware needed to install it and step-by-step instructions that help you keep the heavy bag secure. Although most mounts are different, a basic way of going about it is making sure that the beam, wall, or ceiling that you are about to mount the bag on is sturdy enough to hold it.
By drilling the holes and using the bolts to tighten the mount, you will soon be able to achieve what you wish for. Another good tip is to keep in mind the size of your heavy bag and space out where you want to place yours accordingly.
How low should a Heavy Bag Hang?
It completely depends on where exactly you are mounting your heavy bag. However, the ideal height for it is 2.5m to the highest point. That gives it enough space to move around with ease while also ensuring that it isn’t very low either.
A heavy bag is supposed to hang on to something that provides it stability. However, there are also strap mounts and spider mounts that don’t give you the option to hang the hang at a particular height. Not all strap mounts are adjustable, but they are still quite useful and work efficiently.
How do I keep my Heavy Bag from Moving?
If your boxing technique is not proper, the heavy bag will swing a lot more than it needs to. Working on your stance and improving it is one way to ensure your heavy bag won’t move unnecessarily.
Another thing that you can do is make sure that the mount is fixed well. If not, then it will be loose and shake vigorously even on the slightest hit. These factors can ultimately lead to disturbances while you work out.
Can you Hang a Heavy Bag From a 2×4?
A 2×4 is not a poor option to hang your heavy bag from, but if you want it to be properly spaced out, then 2×6 is ideal. Once you have anchored your heavy bag, use it every day. Having it in a space that could cause inconvenience will only lead to it becoming a waste. Hence, make sure that you are placing it somewhere with a lot of space.