Your handgrip strength is a major limiting factor to the amount of weight you can lift while exercising. The best way to enhance your grip strength is to use a hand grip strengthener. This handheld piece of equipment is specially made to build finger, forearm, wrist, and general grip strength. Hand strengtheners provide a wide range of benefits, whether you are a climber, weightlifter, athlete, or just a person with weak hands!
After spending a lot of time reading about the benefits and reviews of various products and keeping expert opinions in mind, we have curated the list of the 5 best hand grip strengtheners. Keep reading as we review them!
Our Top 3 Picks:
|MummyFit Grip Strengthener||IronMind Captains of Crush Hand Gripper||Longang Hand Grip Strengthener|
|Pros|| Made from Thermoplastic Nylon and Steel
Safe to Use
| Crafted with Premium Quality Material
Comes with 11 Strength Settings
| Has a Quiet Operation
Features a Compact Design
|Price||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE|
5 Best Hand Grip Strengtheners Reviewed
Take a look at our elaborated reviews of the top 5 hand grip strengtheners. Read the pros, cons, and our final verdict to decide what’s best for you.
MummyFit is the first handgrip strengthener on the list. It is the ultimate machine for men and women, and allows it to be used anywhere as its operation is smooth and quiet. Unlike other grippers, it is lightweight and doesn’t make any squeaking noises, hence making it suitable to carry to work, on a plane, or even in a library.
- The strengthener is crafted from thermoplastic nylon and steel and is durable. Even its adjustment wheel is made of solid steel. With this strengthener, you can strengthen your hands for years to come. The brand is so sure and confident of the quality that they are offering a lifetime warranty that covers any issues resulting from use.
- The strengthener is also not boring to use as it is an adjustable gripper. You can simply start at the resistance level that’s right for you and increase resistance as the grip strength improves. Unlike other strengtheners, this strengthener compresses a solid steel spring to create resistance instead of stretching the spring, which can be dangerous.
- The hand gripper by MummyFit has a silent operation which makes it suitable for use on the go.
- Made with thermoplastic nylon and steel
- Silent operation
- Safe to use
- The handle is smooth
All in all, this is one of the best hand grip strengtheners available in the market. It really impressed us with its ability to adjust the tension. Plus, its silent operation makes it best for use during meetings or classes.
Why did we Decide to Put it in the #1 Position?
MummyFit handgrip strengthener gives tough competition to some of the most known brands in the market. It is made of premium-quality material and is durable. Its resistance levels and silent operation sets it apart from other products as well. The other reason to put it in the #1 position is the lifetime warranty offered by the brand.
People who are into fitness and strengthening already know about this product. The company has taken the fitness industry by storm after transforming what had been a cheap, imported plaything into beautifully crafted strengthening equipment. Let’s take a look at some of the best features of this strengthener.
The grip strengthener features 11 strength settings that allow for progressive training for both beginners and advanced exercisers. It has a legendary build quality and matches the quality of top-drawer training tools at an affordable price. The grip strengthener is of premium quality and is crafted from billet aluminum and alloy steel.
- Made from high-quality material
- Very durable
- Comes with 11 strengths
- Has a stylish look
- Some users complain of shredded hands
Overall, the Iron Minds grip strengthener is one of the most popular products in the market and for all the right reasons. It offers the benefits of a premium quality strengthener at an affordable price. Some users claim to have used it for more than five years, which is a major positive of the product.
The next product on our list is the handgrip strengthener by Longang. It is the perfect trainer for improving the strength of your hands, fingers, wrist, and forearms. Besides, it is also perfect for use by people suffering from arthritis, carpal tunnel, and tendonitis.
- The strengthener has a compact design that allows you to fit it in your pocket, handbag, or gym. It is suitable for use everywhere – even an airplane – without bothering others as it has a quiet operation. You can use the handgrip strengthener to enhance hand and finger grip strength, endurance, dexterity, muscular tone, and fine motor skills. Plus, the strengthener is very easy to adjust by a screw cap from 11lbs to 132 lbs.
- Easy to adjust from a screw cap
- Compact design
- Quiet operation
- Ergonomic non-slip handle
- May not be suitable for people with very large hands
Overall, it is made with good quality material, offers a variety of attractive features – the great range of resistance being a highlight. It can be used by multiple people and is great for building strength, so what more could one look for in a handgrip strengthener!
Also Read: Best Adjustable Kettlebells
GD Grip is one of the world’s very first-hand gripper brands. The GD Grip Premium has been the best-selling product among other grippers, providing complete satisfaction to customers. Let’s have a look at what this brand has to offer you!
- The hand gripper is made of compressing springs or ultra-compressed steel springs. The extremely hard material makes it perfectly safe from breakage. The brand even claims that if you use the product exactly as directed, it will never break!
- The grip strengthener is adjustable from 55-154 lbs. This helps you maintain a good grip as you can work with low resistance daily and add more intensity eventually to overload the muscle groups. Another thing that impresses us about the strengthener is that it is silent and portable. You can exercise anywhere and anytime you want. Be it your home, office, car, fitness club, or library, the quiet operation makes it possible to build hand strength anywhere.
- Does not make sounds
- Highly durable
- Hard compression spring
- The grip is not very soft
To conclude, this is an excellent device. It is fully adjustable and has a wide weight range. Unlike other traditional grippers, the handles of this strengthener compress evenly. Unless you are really strong and need more than 154 lbs of resistance, this strengthener is good to go.
The last on our list is the grip strengthener by Basic Concepts that targets your finger, hand, and forearm muscles. Whether you want to maximize your gains, manage stress, are going through physical therapy, or are training proactively to get rid of pain, this hand strengthener is an all-in-one solution. This grip trainer can become your travel companion, couch clutcher, and desk fidgeter.
- The handgrip strengthener has a compact design that allows you to fit it in your pocket, gym bag, and even a handbag. With this gripper, you can have a training session at home, at the gym, and even in the car. The strengthener helps you to do various exercises, including hand squeeze, reverse hand squeeze, ring and pinky finger, thumb and fingertip, thumb pointer and little finger, and thumb and index finger.
- One remarkable feature of the gripper is its universal size. Plus, it is made of high-quality materials and stands in times of stress. Unlike other strengtheners that break over time, this strengthener is truly built to impress. It is made of high-quality and strong plastic that ensures durability.
- The strengthener is adaptable to your strength with the adjustable resistance knob ranging from 11 lbs to 132 lbs. In addition, its ergonomic non-slip comfort handles ensure that you never lose your grip. Lastly, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Portable and convenient
- Features adjustable resistance
- Made of good-quality plastic
- Does not have padded cushioning
This is a great handgrip strengthener that is easy to use and has different levels of strength to match everyone’s individual needs. The gripper is made of high-quality material and does not break. It fits your hand perfectly and is truly built to impress.
Also Read: Best Adjustable Dumbells
Best Hand Grip Strengtheners: Buying Guide
When planning to buy a grip strengthener, don’t go for the one that you see first. Take your time and look for certain things that are important in a strengthener. Find a few points to keep an eye on below.
The primary thing to look for when buying a handgrip strengthener is the design. While some strengtheners have the classic ‘A’ shape, others are more similar to a trigger on the gun or a caulking gun. You’ll also come across products that target each finger individually.
Design is an important factor to look for as one product may be comfortable for you while the other just won’t work well. If your main aim is to build finger strength, we recommend you to go for the one that targets fingers individually. On the contrary, if you want to improve overall strength, the classic ‘A’ shape strengthener is best. This has to do more with your preference and needs.
It is possible to adjust some grip strengtheners in terms of their resistance, while with others, that’s not the case. The ones that you can adjust are much more versatile and eliminate the need to go for a new strengthener as your hands get stronger. This can help you save some bucks as well.
On the other hand, being adjustable means that it will have more parts and complications, which can lead to breakage.
How can we miss the type of material used when talking about a piece of equipment? Precisely, the best handgrip strengtheners are made of pure metal. Although these versions are not adjustable and require multiple pieces for different resistance, they are by far the most reliable and strongest.
Grip strengtheners made of plastic or rubber are more versatile, but their durability is questionable. They can be adjusted for different levels of resistance and come in more shapes.
When buying a grip strengthener, you need to make sure that it has padded handles to provide comfort and is ergonomically friendly. For your information, pure metal strengtheners are often not padded but also tend to be the most effective way to develop brute force.
The last thing to look for is the size of the strengthener. Keep in mind that not all grip strengtheners are the same size. You will have to read product specifications and see if the product is ideal for your hand.
Also Read: Best Body Fat Monitors
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are handgrip Strengtheners Good?
Handgrip strengtheners are an excellent way to gain grip power so that you never fail while doing a deadlift again.
Do handgrip Strengtheners build Muscle?
The clear answer is yes. Handgrip strengtheners can help build forearm muscles. A gripper targets the bulk of the forearm mass. However, its effect is somewhat limited. Training with grippers does not use all muscles over their full range of motion.
Can I use Hand Grippers Every Day?
There is no harm in using a hand gripper every day until you are not performing many sets. It is best to go for four sets maximum.
What Are Some Good Handgrip Exercises?
Some of the best handgrip exercises include:
- Squeeze and hold for at least 15 seconds
- Do 5 sets of 10 squeezes with a rest of 30 seconds between sets
- Squeeze tight and then slowly release over after 15 seconds
Do Hand Grippers Cause any Harm?
There is no proven negative impact of using hand grippers. So, you can continue using it without any worries. Your body eventually adapts to any new exercise and becomes strong.