Boxing is a combat sport and it can leave you sore with injuries if you do not have the right gear on. Getting injured is no one’s choice.
To protect oneself from such injuries, boxing body protector is a must, as it can help you survive the practice session with no hassle.
As it happens, the market is well equipped to show you a great set of items.
In order to help you decide, we have successfully found these products that would suit all your needs. Finding the best boxing body protector is just a read away.
Top 3 Picks:
|Contender Fight Sports Body Protector||ASTSTAND Chest Guard Boxing Body Protector||Meister Body Armor|
|Pros|| Easy to Clean
One Size Fits All
| Made Ethically
Thick and Comfortable Padding
| Ergonomic Design
Padded shoulder Support
Additional Groin Guard
|Price||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE|
5 Best Boxing Body Protector Reviewed
- The material used to make this body protector is synthetic leather that is easy-to-clean and durable.
- For fitting it has thick nylon straps with quick-release buckles, thus making it quite easy to put on or take off.
- The thickness of this protector comprises heavy shock-absorbing foam that’ll help you take the hit no matter how strong it is.
- This body protector has versatile use. It can be used for Muay Thai, MMA, Kickboxing, and other fighting sports as well.
- Ultra-thick padding for great protection.
- Made from an easy-to-clean material.
- Quick-release buckles make it easy to put on or remove.
- A little bit heavy.
- Does not support full upper body protection.
In conclusion, Contender’s boxing body protector will be a great choice if you are looking for decent lower body protection. It may not have full-body protection capabilities, but sometimes that is not what everyone is looking for.
Protecting the lower body is quite important. When it comes to taking full advantage of your training, and for that you need to be protected.
While your partner tries out his strikes on you, you need to be sturdy. This is exactly what you need.
Made from synthetic leather and being more durable than any ordinary body protector, this could be a splendid choice for you. If you want to make sure that your fighters or partners get the right training experience, then you better get your hands on this.
- The back can be adjusted. This makes it a perfect fit for the wearer and minimizes the limitations on the wearer’s mobility.
- There is thick suede on the inside of the chest protector, which makes it more comfortable to wear.
- This protector is made from artificial leather. Thus, it’s wear-resistant and could take a lot of hits in its lifetime.
- It is available in a variety of colors. You have a lot of choices to pick from.
- The thick suede on the inside of the chest protector lowers the friction on the skin. It makes it easier for the wearer to move with no discomfort.
- Adjustable straps for a comfortable fit.
- Extra-thick protective layer.
- Less movement-restricting.
- Made ethically with artificial leather.
- Can sometimes smell of plastic.
- Can sometimes puncture or tear.
What makes this product a great runner-up for our list is its innovative design. One major fact about this product is that it is made up of artificial leather, which is quite good and ethical according to many standards, and yet its strength is like what you would get with a product made up of real leather.
The thickness of the protector is about 5-6 cm. The product also comes in different sizes.
- It has an extra thick 3.5” of open-cell and closed-cell foam as padding. This provides great comfort.
- Size doesn’t matter, and the 3-way adjustment strap in the Meister body protector is proof of that.
- Ergonomic design that sticks to the body and allows the wearer maximum mobility.
- Ensures maximum body-shot protection for the chest, ribs, and groin.
- It is quite thick and durable.
- Provides a comfortable fit.
- Extended groin protection.
- 3-way adjustment design for versatility.
- Sometimes it can get hot.
- For some, it may be too heavy.
Meister Body armor is a versatile product. It comes with additional protective features such as groin protection and a 3-way adjustment strap. This is one of the reasons why people chose to give it a 5-star rating.
Why did we decide to put this boxing glove on #1 position?
Meister Body with its ultra-thick padding ensures safety and comfort. The adjustable strap, the extra protective surface, and the list of its features are what makes it the first choice.
Even though it has only a 3-way adjustment strap, however, thanks to its comfortable internal padding, you’d hardly think that it’s oversized.
RDX Boxing Chest Guard poses fewer limitations to the fighter’s motions. And on the other hand, it is easier to wear and lighter. Is this the body protector that you wish-listed for yourself? Continue reading to find what you’ll get when you buy it.
- Made from a specific material called ‘Maya Hide’, which is known for its durability. This body protector can take many hits before perishing.
- The straps present at the back of the protector are interlaced, which makes it a comfortable fit.
- It has an ergonomic design. This means that it is made with keeping in mind the movements that a fighter needs to carry out.
- This body protector is designed for multiple fighting sports like Muay Thai, boxing, or MMA.
- The multiple layers of padding make it thick and keep you from both weak and stronger hits.
- Provides full upper-body protection.
- Minimizes sweat build-up.
- Does not hinder movement.
- Can sometimes limit movement if not a perfect fit.
- Can be heavy sometimes.
RDX’s chest guard is not only the best body protector for boxing but also for MMA.
With its ultra-tough padding, RDX’s chest guard provides ample protection to your entire torso without limiting your moves. Equipped with shock-absorbing thick padding, you’ll surely get the most of what you invest by buying this product.
It is a great runner-up for this list. It supports full-body protection and somehow does not restrict your movement by a huge margin.
Also Read: Best Boxing Gloves
Innovative products like this are quite rare and difficult to come by. Made from Maya hide leather, this product claims to be extra-shock-absorbent and durable. Read on to find what makes it different.
- The one thing that differentiates this one from the rest is the reversible design, which makes it wearer from both sides.
- The straps of this body protector incorporate a hook-n-loop mechanism, which makes it easier to wear.
- With a 24MM of foam Lamination along with an 18MM of EVA-LUTION, this body protector shows great shock-absorbent quality.
- The PU piping and nylon stitching ensure that the lifetime of this product is long. It can take many hits before its last hours.
- Made of ‘Maya Hide’ leather. This product will be extra-durable and might last throughout your career.
- Innovative and reversible design.
- Multi-layer protection.
- Shock-absorbent padding.
- Engineered to be less restricting.
- Might be too heavy in certain cases.
- Does not have adjustable straps.
- Small size is also quite large.
When it comes to boxing, you require a light-weight body protector that does not limit your movement.
The hook-and-loop adjustment mechanism along with nylon straps ensures that the product is comfortably fitted, so not only will you get a multi-layered protective gear, you might also not allow it to restrict any of your movement.
Boxing Body Protector: Buying Guide
Now that you’ve looked into our list of the best boxing body protectors, you must have found the perfect fit.
So, in order to know which product suits your every need, you need to make a note of the following:
Safety is the primary reason you are getting yourself a boxing body protector. Hence, it is essential to check out the padding of the product before making a purchase. A good padded protector will ease the power of blows aimed at you.
Too loose or too tight protector will not only be an ill-fit but will also hamper your performance. The perfect fit will let you be more mobile throughout the session.
Good quality is synchronous with durable material. Our list has some products that are made use of supreme quality. Do make the right choice.
To achieve the perfect fit, it is best to look out for products with adjustable straps.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no doubt that you need good protective gear for your practice sessions. To help you with it, you might want to find answers to some common questions.
Here are a few questions that you might find yourself asking:
Why Do You Need Protective Body Gear?
This is the most commonly asked question. Having protective body gear can significantly improve your practice game.
Most of the time, people get injured during the practice itself. Getting proper boxing gear while practicing can reduce the risk of injury.
Are Artificial Leather Products Good?
Leather is usually made from animal skin and is in some way or form. Artificial leather is a way to tackle the unethical treatment of animals.
Besides that, since artificial leather is made in the lab, there is no telling how strong it can get. So, we can say that yes, artificial leather products can be good, and sometimes they can be better than authentic leather products.
Should I go for a Full Torso Protector or a Lower Torso Protector?
The answer to this may vary from person to person. While the full torso can protect you from any upper-body shots, having a waist protector is also a must.
Whether it is a lower-body shot or an upper one, you need the right gear that can help you take the hit. However, a lower torso protector might just help you in a single form of sport.
A full body protector, on the other hand, would prove to be more versatile. It could be a great fit for boxing and for MMA.
Could a Body Protector Restrict my Movement?
Every set of cloth that you wear restricts your movement in one way or another. In this case, you are wearing a 3-5” thick protective layer. So yes, it is going to restrict your movement.
However, this limitation of the product is surpassed by its ability to provide you with a quality training session.
Is it Okay to Sacrifice Mobility For Protection?
Yes, but only during the practice session. In other words, having a great protective layer can help you get the most out of your practice session. You can practice for hours.
On the other, you must know that wearing a protector might lower your speed. At some point, you might sweat a lot, but many products have special sweat-absorbent padding, which could eliminate the disadvantage.
Why Should you opt for a High-Quality Protective Gear For Boxing?
Durability and quality are two things that are very important when it comes to buying protective gear for your sparring sessions. For one, it’ll let you be safe while your partner improves his strikes or vice versa.
Plus, an outstanding quality boxing protector has a big life, so it is going to last for a while. Thus, opting for a good quality product will be a great value for money.
How Long a Body Protector Usually Lasts?
Well, in general, there is no certain expiry date for these products. The two factors that you need to look into are the material and the way in which the product is used. Some fighting sports are quite demanding.
Others like taekwondo can be, on the other hand, a little less demanding for protective gears. However, these body protectors usually last for more than 5 years.
What is Sparring?
Sparring, in general, is used as a professional term for your training sessions. In short, sparring is used to make you and your training partner better and increase your performance.
Since a majority of injuries can be conceived during a sparring session itself, it is important for you to buy protective gear beforehand.
What do Boxers Wear During Sparring?
Well, there are multiple training sessions that allow the fighters to reach their full potential. However, if you are looking to buy a body protector, you are looking for it for yourself or a training partner.
Wearing a body protector during sparring can actually help you take the blows without getting injured. Thus, it will ensure that you have a safe sparring session.